One of the best things about Christmas has got to be the food! What could be better than keeping cosy and indulging in all the delicious delicacies and tasty treats that this season brings?
Perhaps, the only thing that could improve on a Christmas feast is a Christmas feast, with Moonshine! So, with no further ado, Great British Bake Off finalist dave_friday_bakes is back with another of his Moonshine bakes that's sure to impress party guests or be a hit with your nearest and dearest this year.
Dave's White Chocolate and Macadamia Caramel
1. In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, water, and lemon juice.
2. Place over a medium to high heat, and brush down any sugar from the sides of the saucepan with a wet pastry brush. Do not stir the sugar, but you can swirl the pan round.
3. Heat the mixture until it reaches a golden amber colour, making sure not to burn it.
4. Turn off the heat and now whisk in all the cream quickly until combined.
5. Turn the heat back on, this time on a low setting and add the butter. Continue whisking until all the butter has melted and combined. Let the mixture bubble away for a few more minutes.
6. Remove from heat and add the chopped white chocolate. Whisk this in until all of the chocolate melted and combined.
7. Next add in both of the Cookie
and the Macadamia
Moonshine and whisk in until smooth.
8. Leave your caramel to cool down slightly, before transferring to your storage container (empty O'Donnell Moonshine jars are perfect for this!)
You can find the recipe for Dave's Moonshine Lemon Meringue Savarins HERE, and his Tough Nut Tiramisu HERE.
Thanks again for the incredible recipes and images Dave!